Adequate installation is crucial to get maximum performance from your windows and doors.
1. Handle products by the frame, not by the brickmold or
2. Provide a rough opening which is square, level and suitable
for placing the product.
3. Close and lock product before installing.
4. Remove any shipping blocks at the bottom of the frame.
5. PVC products have draining holes so make sure these holes are
at the bottom of the sill.
6. Place product in the opening, shim at anchor positions and fix in
place. Check for equal margins.
7. Install product square, level and plumb.
8. Insulate the interior between the frame and opening. Make sure
that the insulation does not disrupt the frame.
9. Open and close the product to ensure smooth hardware
10. Apply flashing over the head, caulk and seal the exterior
perimeter with an adhesive membrane.
11. Once installation is complete, remove any shipping blocks that
are between the sash and frame (PVC casement and awning
1. Paint or stain wood surfaces within 30 days using high quality
products. Inspect on a regular basis and reapply to provide
adequate protection from the elements.
2. Do not paint or stain weatherstrip components. To maintain the
weather resistant seal’s flexibility, replace it whenever
necessary. This is part of a normal and ongoing product
3. PVC and aluminum extrusion surfaces should be cleaned with a
soft cloth and mild detergent. Avoid harsh abrasives and high
4. Vacuum the operating hardware regularly to remove dust and
dirt. Clean using mild soap and water. Hardware and tracks
should be lubricated with lithium grease and petroleum jelly.
Avoid the use of silicone sprays or lubricants.
5. Check exterior caulking on a regular basis. Reapply adequate bead to maintain the seal’s efficiency.
6. To avoid condensation on the windows, always maintain a rea-
sonable humidity level in your house. Ventilate regularly. Note:
The humidity level in a house varies depending on the region.